Our Annadanam Seva at a glance
Meals served so far 2.89 crores
People served daily 4,500
Meal menu Rice, dal, roti, sabji, papad
Cost per meal ₹35
Beneficiaries Poor people in the temple’s vicinity & devout temple visitors
Annadanam service timings 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. & 7 p.m. -8 p.m.
Time taken to prepare the meals 3 to 4 hours
Number of volunteers/devotees involved in the food preparation process 20 to 25
Quality of food High-quality, fresh ingredients are used to prepare nutritious and wholesome meals in keeping with industry-standard hygiene, and safety measures
Quantity of food prepared A meticulous process is followed to understand the quantity to be prepared on a daily basis. This ensures there is enough food for all without any excess or wastage
Offer Annadanam donation and feed the needy and the devotees of Lord Krishna
We require ₹15,75,000 on a daily basis to prepare food for the poor and devout temple visitors. Your Annadanam donation is crucial for us to continue this noble service.
Significance of Annadanam
Food is a basic need and it is key to staying alive. So, when you offer Annadanam, you also offer pranadanam (‘prana’ means life and ‘danam’ means donation). That’s why food donation is considered among the most divine and revered noble deeds. Annadanam has been an integral part of Indian culture and rituals. Annadanam is a pure expression of humanity because it advocates compassion and unity by dismissing socio- economic differences such as religion, caste, creed, gender, status, and the like.
Annadanam in our scriptures:
- “One who gives food, gives all that is worth giving in this world.” - Varaha Purana
- “Do not send away anyone who comes to your door, without offering him food and hospitality.” - Taittriya Upanishad
Benefits of food donation:
- It adds goodwill in your life through the sincere blessings of the recipients of your Annadanam
- You receive the Lord’s divine and the choicest blessings
- You earn punya (religious merit or good karma) for your noble deed
- It adds positivity, humility, compassion and joy in your life
- It resolves karmic debts
- It liberates the soul from the cycles of birth and death and advances it towards attaining moksha (salvation)
You can make a big difference to their lives!
Receive Blessings by Offering Seva to the Lord Today!
Receive abundant blessings by celebrating this auspicious month and offering service to Lord Vishnu!