1. Is Bhagavad Gita the national book of India?
- No, Bhagavad Gita is not the national book of India. It is a revered scripture and most profound practical philosophical text.
2. Is Bhagavad Gita real?
- Bhagavad Gita is a real and sacred text. It is a conversation between Arjuna and Lord Krishna that took place on the battlefield of Kurukshetra.
3. Is Bhagavad Gita the same as Mahabharata?
- The Bhagavad Gita is a part of the historic epic Mahabharata. It is a conversation within the Mahabharata, specifically in the Bhishma Parva.
4. Is Bhagavad Gita part of Mahabharata?
- Yes, the Bhagavad Gita is a part of the historic epic Mahabharata.
5. Is Bhagavad Gita scientifically proven?
- Bhagavad Gita is majorly a philosophical and spiritual text. It offers insights into life, duty, and the nature of reality from a spiritual perspective. At the same time there are many verses in Bhagavad Gita which holds scientific basis. For example, the Gita discusses the nature of the mind, the importance of controlling one's thoughts, and the impact of emotions on decision-making. It also emphasizes the importance of self-awareness. Read this articles on Science from Gita.
6. Is Bhagavad Gita Hindu?
- No, Bhagavad Gita is a foundational text for humanity.
7. Is Bhagavad Gita in English?
- Originally it’s in Sanskrit but there perfect English translation is available as Bhagavad Gita As It Is.
8. Does Gita promote non-violence?
9. Difference between Bhagavad Gita and Bhagavad Gita As It Is?
- "Bhagavad Gita" is the original scripture in Sanskrit only, and "Bhagavad Gita As It Is" is a perfect translation and unbiased commentary by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
10. Difference between Bhagavad Gita and Geeta?
- "Bhagavad Gita" and "Geeta" refer to the same scripture; "Geeta" is an alternative spelling.
11. How to Read Bhagavad Gita?
12. What does Bhagavad Gita say about non-veg?
- The Bhagavad Gita says non-veg food increases Rajo-guna & Tamo-guna which leads to increase of greed, lust, anger, ruthlessness, laziness and lethargy. Watch this video for detailed study: Food as per Geeta
13. Can Bhagavad Gita change life?
- Many people, including numerous celebrities, have said that studying and applying the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita can bring about positive changes in one's life.
14. Can Bhagavad Gita be read at night?
- Yes, there is no specific restriction on reading the Bhagavad Gita at night.
15. Can Bhagavad Gita be read during periods?
- There is no religious restriction on reading the Bhagavad Gita during menstrual periods.
16. Can Bhagavad Gita be read on bed?
- Bed is meant for sleeping and it is not best place to read the Bhagavad Gita. Better to sit on study table to any other neat and clean place. Of course there is no absolute restriction on reading Gita on bed.
17. Can we keep Bhagavad Gita at home?
- Yes, In fact Bhagavad Gita must be kept in home. Every member of house should have personal copy of Bhagavad Gita like they have personal vehicle, personal mobile phone etc.
18. How Bhagavad Gita helps in our life?
- The Bhagavad Gita offers guidance on various aspects of life, including duty, righteousness, and the path to spiritual realization leading to inner satisfaction and perpetual happiness. It most profoundly helps one find purpose of life and stay steady in all ups and downs of life.
19. How Bhagavad Gita is useful for modern society?
- The teachings of the Bhagavad Gita provide timeless wisdom that is relevant to navigating the challenges of modern life like stress, work-life imbalance, mental health issues, relationship management, health concerns, overconsumption, materialism, conflicts, ethical dilemmas and meaninglessness. Read this detailed article: Solution to World Problems
20. What Bhagavad Gita says?
21. What Bhagavad Gita says about parents?
- The Bhagavad Gita says in first chapter that it is responsibility of parents to pass spiritual values and practices to their children and not allow them to become Varnashankara (irresponsible immoral drug addict hippies).
22. What Bhagavad Gita says about Islam?
- The Bhagavad Gita does not specifically address Islam. It primarily focuses on universal spiritual principles.
23. What Bhagavad Gita says about one-sided love?
- The Bhagavad Gita says that every living entity is minute part and parcel of Krishna. Being incomplete on its’ own, no living entity is capable of satisfying other living entity. Only lovable object for all living entity is Krishna. No living entity can ever succeed in loving other living entity without having Krishna in the centre. However great the efforts one may exert in attempting to love, satisfy, or bring happiness to another living being, it will ultimately lead to frustration for both the one trying to love and the one being loved.
24. What Bhagavad Gita says about love?
- Love means uninterruptedly serving the object of love without any expectation of return. The Bhagavad Gita discusses that such true Love is possible only with Supreme Personality of Godhead Krishna. All other propensities of love are perverted reflection of true love and manifestation self-centred enjoyment.
25. What Bhagavad Gita says about periods?
- The Bhagavad Gita does not explicitly address the topic of menstrual periods.
26. How many Bhagavad Gitas are there?
- There is one original Bhagavad Gita, but there are numerous translations and interpretations by different authors, the most widely accepted among all is Bhagavad Gita As It Is by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
27. What Bhagavad Gita says about karma?
- All types of Karma can be divided into three: Karma, Vikarma, & Akarma. Karma are actions sanctioned by scriptures and lead to accumulation of piety. Vikarma are actions forbidden in scriptures and lead to accumulation of sin. Karma and Vikarma both binds the living entity to again take birth in this material world. Akarma are actions performed to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead and lead to freedom from bondage of birth and death and rewards eternal life of devotional service in the eternal abode of Supreme Lord.
28. When Bhagavad Gita written?
- The Bhagavad Gita is composed over 5,000 years ago.
29. When Bhagavad Gita came to this world?
- The Bhagavad Gita is considered a timeless scripture spoken by Lord Krishna to sun-god Vivaswan at least 120,400,000 years ago and is revealed to humanity again when Lord Krishna spoke it to Arjuna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra over 5000 years ago.
30. When is Bhagavad Gita Jayanti?
- Bhagavad Gita Jayanti is celebrated on the Ekadashi of the Shukla Paksha (bright fortnight) in the month of Margashirsha.
31. When should we read Bhagavad Gita?
- There is no specific restriction on when to read the Bhagavad Gita. It can be read at any time based on personal preference. Important thing is to read it daily.
32. When to start reading Bhagavad Gita?
33. When did Oppenheimer read Bhagavad Gita?
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, the father of the atomic bomb, reportedly read the Bhagavad Gita and quoted from it after witnessing the first successful test of the atomic bomb.
34. What does Bhagavad Gita say about attachment?
- All our attachments must be redirected to Krishna. We can give up material attachment only by getting attached to things related to Krishna. We must offer result of all our actions to Krishna, in that way alone we will be freed from attachment.
35. Why is Bhagavad Gita important?
- Because we are all born ignorant and Lord Krishna who is our supreme well-wisher is enlightening us through Bhagavad Gita.
36. What does Bhagavad Gita say about the end of the world?
- This world is created, maintained, and destroyed repeatedly.
37. Where was Bhagavad Gita written?
- The Bhagavad Gita was spoken by Lord Krishna to Arjuna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. It was written by Ganesha in the ashram of Ved Vyasa at Badrikashram.
38. Where to keep Bhagavad Gita at home?
- The Bhagavad Gita is often kept in a clean and respectful place, such as an altar or a dedicated shelf, as a sign of reverence. It should be placed where it is easily visible and can inspire us to read it frequently.
39. Where to read Bhagavad Gita online?
- It’s not good idea to read it online. Better to get hard copy and read it. Its’ available for reading at https://prabhupadabooks.com
40. Where to learn Bhagavad Gita?
41. Where to start reading Bhagavad Gita?
- Beginners can start reading the Bhagavad Gita from the introduction and gradually read each chapter.
42. Where is the world's largest Bhagavad Gita?
- The world's largest Bhagavad Gita is located at the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) Temple in New Delhi, India.
43. Which Bhagavad Gita is best to read?
- Widely recommended version of Gita is Swami Prabhupada's "Bhagavad Gita As It Is."
44. Which Bhagavad Gita is best to read in Hindi?
- For Hindi readers, Swami Prabhupada's "Bhagavad Gita Yatharoop” is a popular choice. It provides a comprehensive translation and commentary in Hindi.
45. Which Bhagavad Gita is original in Hindi?
- The original Bhagavad Gita in Hindi is the one written by Swami Prabhupada, titled "श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता यथारूप."
46. Which Bhagavad Gita to buy?
- Popular choice is Bhagavad Gita As It Is by Swami Prabhupada.
47. Is Bhagavad Gita and Mahabharata the same?
- No, the Bhagavad Gita is a part of the Mahabharata. The Mahabharata is an epic narrative that includes the Bhagavad Gita as a significant section.
48. Does Bhagavad Gita have all the answers?
- The Bhagavad Gita provides profound philosophical and spiritual guidance, but whether it has "all the answers" is subjective and depends on individual interpretations and beliefs.
49. Is Bhagavad Gita a book?
- Yes, the Bhagavad Gita is a sacred scripture and is considered a book of spiritual and philosophical guidance.
50. Is Bhagavad Gita a story?
- The Bhagavad Gita is presented as a conversation between Prince Arjuna and Lord Krishna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. While it includes dialogues and narratives, it primarily focuses on philosophical teachings rather than a conventional story.
51. What does Bhagavad Gita say about Anger?
- While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust develops, and from lust anger arises. From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered, intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost one falls down again into the material pool. Please watch this detailed video: How to Overcome Anger?