In Bhagavad-gita Lord Krishna says that His birth and activities are transcendental in nature. They are not like the activities of the ordinary mortals of this world. Through His divine birth Lord Krishna established that He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
1. On the prayer of the demigods: Lord Krishna incarnated on this earth on the request of the devatas. On the request of the presiding deity of Earth, Bhumi, Lord Brahma along with the devatas prayed to the Supreme Lord for His descend. Upon hearing the plea of the devatas, Lord Vishnu agreed to come down and save the Earth from the miscreant rulers.
2. Lord Krishna appeared at His own will: Upon hearing the prayers of the devatas, the Supreme Lord decided to incarnate for their benefit and passed on the message through Lord Brahma that He would appear on the earth very soon, along with His supreme powerful potencies. And further He instructed that as long as He remained on the earth the demigods should also remain there to assist Him. They should immediately take birth in Yadu dynasty, wherein He would eventually appear. The ordinary living entities and even the greatest of the demigods are bound by the laws of nature and cannot choose their time, place or circumstances of birth. Only the Supreme Lord can.
3. Not born through a mundane process: Lord Krishna directly entered into the heart of Vasudeva and was then transferred to the heart of Devaki. He was not put into the womb of Devaki by the regular process of male and female union. Lord Krishna, being the Supreme Personality of Godhead, transferred Himself by His inconceivable potency, from the heart of Vasudeva to the womb of Devaki. And then He appeared outside the womb of Devaki as an infant.
4. Born with Jewels: Krishna was born as a baby with four hands, holding conchshell, club, disc and lotus flower, decorated with the mark of Srivatsa, wearing kaustubha jewel, dressed in yellow silk, wearing a helmet bedecked with the vaidürya stone, and valuable ornaments all over His body. Even though born as a baby, Krishna was fully equipped with all the signs of the Supreme Lord which is impossible for any living entity do so.
5. Devatas offered prayers: While Krishna was in the womb of Devaki, all the demigods, headed by Lord Brahma and Lord Shiva invisibly appeared in the house of Kamsa. They began offering prayers to Lord Krishna in select verses, and glorifying Him for being true to His vow.
6. Whole universe became joyful and auspicious: At the time of Lord Krishna’s appearance the constellations became very auspicious. He appeared under the influence of the auspicious star Rohini. The planetary systems were automatically adjusted so that everything became auspicious. In all directions there was peace and prosperity. Signs of good fortune became visible everywhere. Flowers bloomed, birds sang sweetly, wind blew pleasantly, Brahmanas became joyful. The demigods in heavenly planets began to sing, dance and offer prayers. Great sages and demigods showered flowers. Lord Krishna appeared on the eighth day of the waning moon, but by His grace, the moon appeared like a full moon.
7. Knowing about Lord’s Appearance liberates: In Bhagavad-gita Lord Krishna says, “One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna.” Therefore Lord Krishna’s activities are called lila – actions performed for His pleasure. Such action are not bound by material laws. The Super-divinity of Lord Krishna’s birth is that simply by knowing it in truth, one can transcend the ocean of material existence and the Krishnaloka, the place of eternally blissful life.